We are looking to hire an Account Executive with at least two years of PR experience to work directly with company owners handling an array of diverse accounts.
- Be an impeccable writer. We understand that there is always room for our writing to improve, however our AE must possess a firm understanding of press release and pitch letter mechanics and hold top notch grammar skills.
- Be detail-oriented. No detail is too small to be beneath us at Veracity. The best PR professionals are detail-oriented, especially when running multiple campaigns.
- Be a good talker. PR is just a different form of sales and the best sales people aren’t too pushy. You know when to turn it on and off and aren’t afraid to pick up the phone.
- Be creative. We don’t need to go after the same old contacts with the same old stories all the time. We need you to help us think out of the box and bring new life into long-lasting relationships.
- Be social media & internet savvy. If we aren’t already running social media for some of our clients, we certainly infuse social media into all that we do.
- Be somewhat into the news. We understand that experiencing life might be more interesting than reading about it, but you’ll need to track our industries for ideas.
Perks for you:
- Invaluable experience. It’s a given that you will learn how to be a top notch PR and social media professional by working in a small, creative agency directly with the owners. But what you might not expect is that you’ll learn business strategy along the way.
- Room for rapid growth. The sky is the limit within a small agency. You won’t have to jump through hoops in order to excel. You will be getting in early and could help shape our future.
- Your voice matters. Again, being a boutique agency, we will want to hear from you. You’ll be included in important discussions and your opinions on how we run accounts and the company will be heard.
- Your life matters. We’re firmly grounded in the “work smarter not harder” mantra. This means that we hustle while at work so that we can live the lives we’ve worked so hard to create.
- Fun environment. We are located in a quintessential Portland building surrounded by other startups. The energy is abuzz in this hip creative office space in Northeast Portland’s up and coming Bakery Blocks.
- No pretenses. We wear jeans when we want to, firmly understand that we “don’t know what we don’t know,” and drop the F-bomb more often than not.
This is a full time, Monday through Friday, 40 hour per week job. Some early mornings (hosting TV shows!) or weekend work (fun events!) could occur but isn’t too frequent (again, work-life balance…).
To apply: email your qualifications and writing samples (press release and blog post) to jobs(at)veracityagency.com.
**Applications that do not include (or link to) a sample press release and blog post that you’ve written will not be considered. You must include both.**