Refreshed look, design and infrastructure for Hallmark Inns & Resorts
Hallmark Inns & Resorts has two locations on the Oregon Coast: Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach and Hallmark Resort Newport. Both properties recently had major renovations completed in the hotel rooms, common areas and event spaces. However, the website hadn’t been touched in years.
Armed with the refreshed brand, logo and marketing creative that we’d just created for them–it was now time to give new life to the website.
In addition to a refreshed look and better user experience, a primary goal of the redesign was to maintain organic search traffic (we’d typically have the goal of increased SEO presence with a redesign, but we do not handle SEO for this client, so the goal was to maintain). We managed to not only sustain traffic and conversion rates, but to dramatically increase them.
From the graphics below you can see the significant improvements as we compare traffic and revenue changes on a year-over-year (YOY) comparison and separately looking at the previous 90 days prior to launch of the new site.
Please visit the new HallmarkInns.com to see the entire new site. The old site can be viewed using the Wayback Machine.
First three months after launch, YOY (previous year)
- Traffic (Sessions) increased 68%
- Users are up 59%
- Organic Search Traffic increased 138%
- Overall Ecommerce Revenue increased 61%
- Organic Search Ecommerce Revenue Increased 108%
- Organic Search Ecommerce Transactions increased 107%
- Pageviews and Unique Pageviews are up 38%
First three months after launch, last 90 days (previous period)
- Traffic (Sessions) increased 91%
- Users are up 91%
- Organic Search Traffic increased 154%
- Overall Ecommerce Revenue increased 101%
- Organic Search Ecommerce Revenue increased 133%
- Organic Search Ecommerce Transactions increased 75%
- Pageviews are up 73% and Unique Pageviews are up 77%
The new site is also responsive, so we’ve provided a better user experience on mobile and don’t expect any negative impacts from Google’s upcoming mobile-friendly update.