Assistant Account Executive
Assistant Account Executive
Experience – Entry level (proven marketing experience, such as an internship, required)
Salary – $40,000 – $50,000
Location – Remote
13 years ago, we wanted to create a working situation that enhanced our lives. It wasn’t about the money. It wasn’t even about the clients. It was about being good parents. And showing up for ourselves.
We continually come back to that original purpose to avoid accepting bad behavior, over-working, or compromising our morals. By putting our own oxygen masks on first, we better our clients by extension.
Our ultimate purpose is to serve you—our team—because without you, we’d be nothing. In this way, you become our most important client.
Here are a few guideposts we’ve put in place to ensure it stays that way:
- We are not a bank operating with outdated 9-5 hours. This is a full-time position, but why must “full-time” equate to hours? While we realize that sometimes you’re working under 40 hours/week and sometimes you’re working over 40 hours/week, we’d rather you didn’t work over 40 hours/week.
- We live by boundaries, not only with our clients, but especially with ourselves. Any time boundaries are instituted—whether they’re expected deliverables or known days off—we are more efficient and effective. Boundaries have helped us learn and grow stronger in so many ways.
- We are honest, open and willing to hear feedback. The daily flow of our lives can be improved by over-communicating, which opens the door for learning and advancement opportunities.
- We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) requires a cultural shift that takes continued effort and bravery. Beyond being an equal-opportunity employer, Veracity considers DEI when choosing and promoting clients, most of whom are actively working on DEI.
- We honor unlimited paid vacation time. But you must take at least 10 work days off in addition to the standard holidays, because we know how you are and we want you to rest and have some fun.
Assistant Account Executive Job Description
Veracity’s ideal Assistant Account Executive (AAE) will have at a minimum of a few months of PR or marketing experience through working in an internship under which you have been overseen. Your diverse workweek will embrace a variety of activities for an assorted client base, working directly with Veracity management, clients and contractors.
Specific duties may include: writing and editing press materials, social media and blog posts; content calendar management; client and press research; developing and maintaining press lists; tracking client coverage; managing client reports; and general coordination duties.
- Be an impeccable writer possessing a firm understanding of writing mechanics and grammar skills.
- Be detail-oriented. No detail is too small.
- Be social media and internet savvy because we infuse digital into all that we do.
- Be a team player. We are small and nimble, which means wearing many hats and sometimes figuring it out as we go.
- Be curious. We don’t know what’s next, but certainly are excited to find out.
Working within a small, creative agency directly with the owners brings invaluable experience and room for rapid growth. At Veracity, your voice and your life will matter.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is estimated to be between $40,000 – $50,000 annually.
Benefits include unlimited vacation/PTO in addition to the standard holidays, FMLA, health benefits, competitive compensation and continuing education opportunities.
To apply: email your qualifications and two writing samples to careers(at)veracityagency.com.
Featured image courtesy of Alex Mnatsakanov on Unsplash